Research In Motion’s (RIM) BlackBerry platform has evolved over the past decade from monochromatic displays, to full-color touch-screens. Along with their devices, BlackBerry operating system has also undergone several iterations from BlackBerry OS to QNX and now BBX.
The evolution of the BlackBerry platform has created a market with numerous options for developers. BlackBerry applications can be written using either the Java Development Kit or using WebWorks with HTML5. Each approach has its benefits and drawbacks of course.
We here at Coders4Africa know how to select BlackBerry development strategies to compress development timelines and reduce costs while meeting targeted business objectives. Here are some of the ways that Thorn Technologies can help:
- Requirements analysis and wireframing
- User experience design following Blackberry UI guidelines
- Native BlackBerry app development using java
- Stardards-based BlackBerry app development using HTML5 and WebWorks
- Testing on physical devices as well as on simulators
- Assistance submitting apps to Blackberry App World
- Optional monitoring, maintenance, and support contracts